STRUCTURAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Location Tourmakeady Co. Mayo
Salary Negotiable/Not disclosed
Position Permanent Full-time
Education Third level Engineering Degree Qualification
(Level 8 or higher)
Lally Chartered Engineers is a multi-disciplinary Engineering Consultancy based in Tourmakeady, Co. Mayo with projects across Ireland and the UK. Our company delivers a wide range of projects in the commercial, residential, educational, geotechnical, and civil engineering sectors.
The role will suit an enthusiastic, driven, practical person comfortable working both individually and within a team setting. It will cover a broad range of civil and structural engineering projects for both private and public sector clients. Competitive package with benefits offered to the right candidate.
- Candidates should hold a minimum Level 8 qualification in Engineering or equivalent, be competent in structural design
- Possess strong technical knowledge, with self-motivation
- Familiarity with Eurocode design of various materials including steel, concrete, timber, and masonry.
- Ability to produce design report documents and drawings, in accordance with company procedures
- Ability to conduct design calculations manually and using software.
- Experience in the use of design software such as AutoCAD, Autodesk Robot (or similar).
- Ability to collaborate effectively with clients, architects, and contractors
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to organise and maintain project documentation filing to ISO standard.
- Full clean drivers’ licence and own transportation
- Familiarity or experience in the design of temporary works would be beneficial
- Knowledge of current building regulations advantageous
- Familiarity with Autodesk Revit
- Civil design experience
- Membership of Engineers Ireland / ACEI
- Benefits – Company Pension Plan, Financial Wellness Package, Group Protection Schemes – Income Protection, Cycle to Work Scheme
- Remote Working